Saturday, February 4, 2012

Effort and Change.

So, I took the advice of a friend and decided to act upon it.

He linked me to a bunch of articles about negative emotions and how to control them. After reading through the first five lines, I found myself dozing off to sleep: Reading through blocks of text telling you what to do is not my strong suite.


There were a few interesting pieces of text though, which went something along the lines of, '
Your feelings can literally make or break you', and 'Understand that life is not always easy, however it is often in our darker periods that we search for answers and find meaning'. I began to wonder whether any of the messages these articles were trying to convey to me would get through my thick skull.


Shortly after, I received a message from another friend, let's call him 'Mr. L', and Mr. L here had bad day, and suffered through a problem which I had previously undergone. Mr. L knew this, so he explained the situation to me and asked me for advice. Now I was unsure if, in my negative state of mind, I would be able to give him proper advice, that would make him feel better.
I tried anyway, and hoped that I had helped him. I expected, since we shared a mutual problem that this vast canyon of empty inside would go away for a bit, that I would feel positive, since someone else shared my problem. But instead, it just brought all those buried memories back up. I wonder if this is the Universe's idea of humor, or this is a wake up call of sorts. I wonder if I wonder too much. Maybe I should get off my lazy a** and try to do something for a change. But it feels so comfortable over here...



Shoutout to my homie, Arcane!

No comments:

Post a Comment